Monday, March 07, 2011


The earliest of my memories in this life…
Ever wonder what are the earliest memories that I’ve of my life, I’m not sure, but these are few –
1.       Birwana/Rajasthan – The place where my maternal grandparents were stationed. Every summer holidays, the whole family gathered there. So many kids- it was great time for any kids. Also for fights. So one time, I got annoyed, not remember why, and hid myself under a bed. All that remember after that is, folks running here & there, crying and all that. After a long time got bored and came out. Don’t remember if I got a bashing after that!
2.       Badon-patti/Hissar – Well, Mau – my grandmother – wanted me to take a bath and I’d not. So she forcibly gave me one. Once done, she freed me and then I had a bath of my own – in sand & dust. My mom tells me I did same with my nani as well. Thereafter, I never had a forced bath!
3.       Before we moved to Hissar, we lived in our ancestral village – Baddon-patti. Mom told me it was my birthday that day. So I went to my Dadaji and told him so. He bought us apples and I’d my birthday celebrated.
4.       Badopal – a small place near hissar. Dad was posted here before we moved to hissar city. We lived in the govt quarters and a canal flowed nearby. It was before I went to school. There were lot of fish in the canal and boys were always busy catching them. We had a servant – Keshu – he was an eunuch and complained about the visitors who came often and ate a lot. I once also had an accident with a cyclist and I broke my leg.
5.       Kistoori Devi – my nani - 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home